Our new series Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp has a release date: All eight episodes will be available on Netflix on JULY 31st!
It's a prequel to the original movie - and stars the original cast: Elizabeth Banks, H. Jon Benjamin, Michael Ian Black, Bradley Cooper, Judah Friedlander, Janeane Garofalo, Nina Hellman, Joe Lo Truglio, Ken Marino, Jayma Mays, Christopher Meloni, A. D. Miles, Marguerite Moreau, Zak Orth, Amy Poehler, David Hyde Pierce, Paul Rudd, Marisa Ryan, Molly Shannon, Michael Showalter, and Kevin Sussman... along with new additions including Lake Bell, Josh Charles, Jon Hamm, Rob Huebel, Randall Park, Jordan Peele, Chris Pine, Paul Scheer, Richard Schiff, Jason Schwartzman, John Slattery, Michaela Watkins, Kristen Wiig, and me. Plus many others still to be announced!
More info on this in the coming months. Meanwhile a few other things to check out:
- CHILDRENS HOSPITAL's 6th(!) season premieres Friday, March 20th at midnight ET/PT on Adult Swim. The whole gang is back in Brazil for 14 all new episodes. It's our best season yet!
- The Blu-ray of Wet Hot American Summer (the original 2001 feature film) finally arrives May 12th, including some never-seen-anywhere-before special extras.
And for those dying to see me ACTING I have small roles in these upcoming things:
- Broad City - in the episode airing March 11th (Comedy Central)
- Weird Loners - a funny new series on Fox, premieres March 31st.
- Another Period - a new series set in 1902, created by and starring Natasha Leggero & Riki Lindhome.
- Brother In Laws - a movie starring Taran Killam and Bobby Moynihan and an amazing cast.
- Childrens Hospital - once again I appear both as myself and my alter-ego Rabbi Jewy McJewJew on several episodes.
- Drunk History - I promise I will be drunker when I return on the upcoming season.
I hope everyone's able to take a break this summer and get a little sweaty. I am taking a sort-of break after a great shoot of Childrens Hospital's sixth(!) season. We're editing now and they'll air next year some time.
Meanwhile, summer time means Wet Hot American Summer screenings around the country, some outside, some late at night...and here's a first: A Rocky Horror style interactive screening, complete with props, costumes, cue-cards and prizes, at the KAHBANG festival in Portland, Maine, Aug 9th at 11pm.
It should be cool, and only fitting that it's happening in Maine, where the movie takes place.
And among the prizes will be some of the very cool new official Wet Hot T-shirts. Check out the full selection over at Rusted Wave.
In other Wet Hot news, many of you have been asking me about the status of the prequel project. I hope to have some official news in the next month or so.
THEY CAME TOGETHER UPDATE:
They Came Together continues to get wonderful reviews and feedback -- watch in your home tonight!
The DVD/Blu-Ray comes out Sept 2nd and will be loaded with all sorts of goodies including commentary, deleted scenes, etc. Pre-order now here!
For those in the UK, it opens in theaters and on-demand Sept 5th.
And we have a great soundtrack E.P with music from Norah Jones, Craig Wedren, Amy Miles you can pick up on iTunes for LESS THAN FOUR DOLLARS!
MISC OTHER NEWS:
The countdown has begun and we need your help!
They Came Together opens in 6 days (JUNE 27) in selected cities as well as on-demand everywhere. The reviews have been great and preview screenings have been a blast, but we need YOUR help to get the word out -- this movie has NO commercials, billboards, or advertisements of any kind. It's 100% word of mouth.
WHAT can you do to help? Look at these fun ideas:
- If you're in New York, L.A. or one of these 25 cities, make your plans right now, on your calendar, to go see the movie with a group next weekend (June 27-29).
- Make a Tweet or Facebook or Instagram post inviting your friends and followers to go see the movie. Link to our website.
- Download this beautiful POSTER, print it out, and put copies up everywhere.
- Sadly, no theaters in AUSTIN or BOSTON are playing the movie. So we've set up one special TUGG screening in each of those cities on July 1. Go this website to get tickets!
- Any other ideas are welcome, and behalf of the whole cast and crew we appreciate your support.
"I don't think I've laughed harder or more consistently in a comedy in years."
- Ain't It Cool News
In just three weeks They Came Together will finally be in theaters and on demand.
I'm so proud of this movie, and so excited that this true labor of love will finally be out in the world.
You can learn all about it on this website, but it's a super funny comedy, co-written by Michael Showalter and me (our first feature together since Wet Hot American Summer), with an stellar cast, led by Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler.
So please put JUNE 27 on your calendar now - It's the perfect date movie.
If you're near one of the 17 cities on this list, you can (and should) see it in a theater opening weekend, as movies are meant to be seen.
If you're in Seattle, Austin, Boston, Philadelphia or Athens, we're not playing there, but there's a TUGG page set up for a special screening on July 1st. If enough people buy tickets in a given city, the screening goes forward, so buy right now and tell all your friends to do the same - make it a party.
If you're not near a theater, you're still in luck, because it will be available ON DEMAND the very same day, in YOUR HOME.
THIS IS A SMALL RELEASE with zero marketing budget opening against summer blockbusters. Please help us spread the word--Tweet, Facebook, Instagram, phone, fax (mainly fax).